Installation failure with Dynare 4.6.4

Ok, thanks. There are two more things you could try:

1. Install Dynare 4.6.4 without the GCC compiler.
  2. Try installing the unstable version from Download | Dynare

I currently have the same problem with a 16" Mac (So no M1 chip). I was able to install the unstable version of July 24.

Ok, that means the 4.6.4 macOS package is broken due to a change in Homebrew. Please then stick with the unstable version. We are very close to releasing it as Dynare 4.7. next month.

OK,thank you,
I tried install dynare-4.8-unstable-2021-08-16-1402-f6efb4dd.pkg and dynare-4.8-unstable-2021-07-24-1226-ebfa7274.pkg.
only the 07-24 version installed successfully.

And I have attached the install.log of the failed 08-16 version below, hopefully it will help you find what’s going on.
install.log (10.0 KB)

Thanks again for your help!
Looking forward to the release of the new version!

Thanks! the same unstable version works for my Mac, too.

@Ashley The message

curl: (35) LibreSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to github.com:443

suggests there was a connection issue. Does the installation of the recent unstable always fail?

It’s my fault. You’re right, the installation failed because of the bad network. I tried the 8-16 version again and it was installed successfully.

M1 chip signing in. Success with dynare-4.8-unstable-2021-08-19-1308-d3678edb.pkg. I think you all got it!

Dear All,

I am receiving the same “The installation failed.” message after trying installing Dynare 4.6.4 on my Mac with MacOS Monterey. Please find the install.log file attached.

install.log (252.8 KB)

Could you please help me with the issue?

The problem described at

applies here as well. Please try the unstable version or the 4.7beta.

I can confirm that the beta2 and unstable can be installed on MacOS Monterey (MacBook Air M1). Alternatively, you can always compile from source, see the instruction video mentioned above.

Thank you a lot for the quick reply! It is working now!

Where can I download 4.7beta?

At
https://www.dynare.org/beta/

Thank you!

Hello I am experiencing a problem installing Dynare on my Mac, it is fully up to date so I am not sure why it isn’t working? I also have a strong, stable wifi connection every time I re-try to download it so that is not the issue. I am not sure if this will help diagnose the problem but during the installation process it gets all the way to the point where it says validating package scripts before saying ‘the Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.’

Which version are you installing?

I am installing the latest version, Dynare 4.6.4 using the stable link.

You cannot install that version on recent macOS systems, see

M1 chip signing in. Success with dynare-4.8-unstable-2021-08-19-1308-d3678edb.pkg. I think you all got it. .