Installation failure with Dynare 4.6.4

Hello Dynare Forum,

I am having trouble installing Dynare 4.6.4. I am following the instruction of the quick start but failed several times. I have tried deleting the dynare 4.6.4 folder and reinstall several times as suggested by other posts, but it does not work. I checked the error in my install.log. It says “Error: Failed to download resource “gmp””. I googled but found nothing. This is my install.log file. I would appreciate your help very much.
install.log (252.2 KB)

Your OS seems to be Catalina (10.15), Dynare 4.6.4 only supports macOS 11 (Big Sur).

Thank you for your reply. I checked my macOS. It is Big Sur
Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 21.03.50

Then it is strange. Homebrew tries to install GMP for Catalina. Did you use the macOS package provided on the Dynare homepage?
@sebastien Do you have an idea what might be going on?

Yes. I used the macOS package.

I don’t know what’s going on here. For some reason, Homebrew tries to download the Catalina version of the GMP binary, which does not exist.

Maybe there is some old system-wide Homebrew installation on this system, that conflicts with Dynare installer?

Thank you for the reply. Should I uninstall the Homebrew and reinstall it again?

If you have a system-wide Homebrew installation, then you could uninstall it, then install Dynare, and then finally reinstall Homebrew system-wide (if you need it for your own purposes, because Dynare uses its own local copy of Homebrew)

Thank you. I will give it a try and let you know if it works

Hello @sebastien, I have tried uninstall Homebrew and install Dynare. But installation failure with the same error message

install.log (247.6 KB)

Unfortunately I have no clue at this point… :disappointed: