Dynare installation fails with MacOs Catalina and Matlab_R2020a

Then you should be able to open Terminal.app and run

sudo rm -rf /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools

After this, run

xcode-select --install

After that is done installing, remove the folder /Applications/Dynare/4.6.1 and rerun the Dynare 4.6.1 installer. If that ends with an error again, post the new install.log file here.

It works! Thanks so much Houtan!

Mattia

1 Like

Hi, I did all the steps above but instead of having “The installation failed” message, the installtion just froze at the last step.

If anyone can help it would be great because I kinda need to use dynare asap…

Thank you very much!!

Please post your
/Applications/Dynare/4.6.1/install.log

Continuing the discussion from Dynare installation fails with MacOs Catalina and Matlab_R2020a:

Hi,I have met the same problem as the user thanhnguyenvn98, I did all the steps above but the installation froze at the last step. Here is the install.log.
I look forward for your help cause I need to use Dynare ASAP…
Thank you very much !!

install.log (153.2 KB) Here is my install.log, my installation froze at the last step, could you give some help ,thanks a lot.

The message

RPC failed; curl 56 LibreSSL SSL_read: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, errno 54

suggests that your internet connection broke down. Try reinstalling.

Hi, As I am using Macbook air m1 and dynare 4.6.4 and I have already installed Xcode. Yet, it still fails. Here is my install.log. Thank you SO MUCH!!!
install.log (256.9 KB)

See

Hi, I’m also facing an issue with installation. I have OS Big Sur Version 11.5.2. I’ve tried a few Dynare versions 4.6.1 - 4.6.4, but I always get the same error message: The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. I’ve followed the steps for Xcode, and seek advice on how to proceed. My log file is attached. install.log (264.7 KB)
Thanks very much

Hi all,

I’m having trouble installing the Dynare package 5.2. I’m using macOS Version 11.6.6 and Matlab 2022b.

I have attached my installation log file below. Could you tell me how I can solve this?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

install.log (29.4 KB)

Have you tried to install it more than once to see if this was a spurious problem?

the same problem. I’m using macOS Version 12.5.1 and Matlab 2022a. I have downloaded Xcode.APP. The install.log file is attached below. Could you show me how I can solve this problem?
Thanks too much.
install.log (860 Bytes)

It seems your log-file is in Chinese. I cannot read what it says.

Hi all,

I’m also having trouble with Dynare 5.3 installation, please kindly find the log file below. Could anyone find the problems and solutions to solve them? Thanks a lot!!!
install.log (4.3 KB)

Did you use the Dynare package or did you try to install via Homebrew.

Installing software can sometimes be a complex process, but don’t worry, I’m here to help!

To assist you better, could you please provide some more details about the specific issues you’re encountering? Are you receiving any error messages during the installation process? Knowing these details will enable me to provide you with more accurate guidance.

In the meantime, here are a few general troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Double-check system requirements: Ensure that your computer meets all the necessary system requirements for installing Dynare. This includes the operating system version, available disk space, and any prerequisite software.
  2. Download from official source: Make sure you’re downloading Dynare from the official website or a trusted source. Verify that you have the correct version for your operating system.
  3. Check installation guide or documentation: Review the installation guide or documentation provided with Dynare. They often contain step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting tips specific to your situation.