Terminate called after throwing an instance of 'SymbolTable::UnknownSymbolNameException'

JP2010_lin3.mod (3.0 KB)

This is my mod file for question 1 in the following exercise.Quant_project_ECON6008_Sem2_2020 (1).pdf (89.5 KB)

But when I run the mod file. It turns out the following sentences:

Using 64-bit preprocessor
Starting Dynare (version 4.6.2).
Calling Dynare with arguments: none
“/Applications/Dynare/4.6.2/matlab/preprocessor64/dynare_m” JP2010_lin3.mod mexext=mexmaci64 “matlabroot=/Applications/MATLAB_R2018a.app”: Aborted
Starting preprocessing of the model file …
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘SymbolTable::UnknownSymbolNameException’

miss-use dynare (line 282)
Dynare: preprocessing failed

I can not find related info through google. Does anybody have the same bug like me? How did you solve this problem? Thank you.

How did you install Dynare on your Mac? Using the package at Download | Dynare ?
Also note that * is not the proper way to comment in Dynare and that Dynare is case-sensitive, so Mshock in the stoch_simul-command must be lowercase.
After fixing this, I get

ERROR: There are 28 equations but 25 endogenous variables!

Thank you for your reply! It is quite useful! I try to revise my code according to your suggestion, and it turns out to be the same problem as you. “ERROR: There are 28 equations but 25 endogenous variables!” What should I do next to adjust my code to run it successfully and get the pulse diagram? Thank you!
The following is the new code file:
JP2010_lin3.mod (3.0 KB)

You need to sort out the variable definitions and the equations specified. The current system is overdetermined. That cannot work.

Thank you for your advice. I adjust my equation code. And it can go ahead now. But then I have another 3 mistakes with my new code.
The following is my new code:
JP2010_lin3.mod (2.8 KB)
And this is the error result interface:
屏幕快照 2020-11-19 22.07.04|690x383
Could you tell me where the problem may be and what can I do to make it run successfully?
Than you.

i - istar = ec(+1) - chi*(alp + phi(+1));

needs to be

i - istar = ec(+1) - chi*(a + phi(+1));

I would recommend using Dynare’s \LaTeX capabilities to speed up debugging.

Also note that DELy cannot be an endogenous variable. It’s simply
y-y(-1)