Markov switching SBVAR

is there any examples on where to put markov_switching, ms_estimation command into the mod file?

i am trying to estimate a Markov-switching SBVAR model on taylor rule. But do not know where to put SBVAR command.

the wrong information is:

ERROR: gali_regime.mod: line 142, cols 62-70: syntax error, unexpected NAME, expecting RESTRICTIONS or CHAIN or DURATION or NUMBER_OF_REGIMES

Error using dynare (line 174)
DYNARE: preprocessing failed
gali_regime1.xls (169 KB)
gali_regime.mod (5.09 KB)

You are confusing something. Dynare does not support Markov-Switching DSGE models yet. It only support SBVARs. You may want to take a look at Junior Maih’s RISE toolbox.

Thank you for your instruction.

I am trying the rise box examples on Markov Switching and got some wrong information. Could you pls. help me to fix this problem?

thanks!

Lin

addpath c:\rise_toolbox\examples\MarkovSwitching\RamirezWaggonerZha2012
frwz_nk0=rise(‘frwz_nk’);
file2blocks:: (gentle warning): psi is also a matlab function
parse:: Model parsing . 0.1181 seconds
parse:: Steady State Model parsing . 0.0145 seconds
parse:: exogenous definitions block parsing . 0.0009 seconds

Now computing symbolic derivatives…

parse:: Derivatives of dynamic model wrt y(+0-), x and theta up to order 2. 3 equations and 7 variables :0.7143 seconds
parse:: 1st-order derivatives of static model wrt y(0). 3 equations and 3 variables :0.0793 seconds
parse:: 1st-order derivatives of static BGP model wrt y(0). 6 equations and 6 variables :0.1611 seconds
Error using dsge/frontier (line 46)
Not enough input arguments.

Error in rise_generic/set/set_all_options (line 273)
myoptions=utils.miscellaneous.mergestructures(myoptions,…

Error in rise_generic/set (line 93)
set_all_options()

Error in dsge/set (line 95)
obj=set@rise_generic(obj,varargin{:});

Error in dsge (line 226)
obj=set(obj,varargin{:});

Error in rise (line 66)
obj=obj@dsge(varargin{:});

Sorry, but we only provide support for Dynare. You have to contact Junior Maih, the developer of RISE.

Dear Professor Pfeifer,

I am looking for the solution of Markov-Switching DSGE models and just came across your answer today ( almost 5 years after your initial reply!!!).

I am wondering if the newest release of Dynare supports the Markov-Switching DSGE models or we still need to use RESE toolbox.

Thank you so much and look forward to your reply.

Eva

@Eva No, Dynare still does not support this.