Dynare++ Issue with OS X El Capitan

So I just updated to El Capitan yesterday and have some homework due using Dynare++ by midnight tonight.

My problem is since the update to OS X El Capitan, I get the following error while calling Dynare++ from Matlab:

[code]!./dynare++ --per 20 --sim 3 TS_BY04.mod

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: dgetrf
Referenced from: /Users/davleather/Dropbox/Max’s Class/HW 3/./dynare++
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: dgetrf
Referenced from: /Users/davleather/Dropbox/Max’s Class/HW 3/./dynare++
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib

./dynare++ --per 20 --sim 3 TS_BY04.mod: Trace/breakpoint trap[/code]

Any advice?

Apart from “Never change a running system when you have to do something urgent”, not yet. We will investigate the issue.

Lesson learned. Thanks!

I can’t be of more help as I still haven’t upgraded to OS X 10.11 and won’t be doing so until I get a new computer (i.e. not too soon). In any case, as with most software, we do not support operating systems that were released after our software was. OS X 10.11 will be supported with the next release of Dynare, probably a few months from now. Your best bet is either to downgrade to 10.10, run 10.10/Windows/Debian/Ubuntu in a VirtualBox, or compile dynare++ on 10.11 (follow the instructions github.com/DynareTeam/dynare#mac-os-x to get started, though you may need to figure things out if it doesn’t compile on OS X 10.11)

Thanks Houtan. This really saved me!

[quote=“dobster936”]So I just updated to El Capitan yesterday and the bathmate peblueprint.com/bathmate-review have some homework due using Dynare++ by midnight tonight.

My problem is since the update to OS X El Capitan, I get the following error while calling Dynare++ from Matlab:[/quote]

I still haven’t updated yet because of stuff like this. I hate when something is working and then you update and it all goes wrong. I’m on 10.10 currently, is it safe to upgrade?

It won’t be safe to upgrade until the next release of Dynare.

Hi,

I have the same problem. Same exact message with dynare++

I’ve found a quick fix for Mac users consisting of replacing the library libBLAS.dylib with the old one:
georgegarside.com/blog/osx/vect … l-capitan/

Instead of doing that, I was wondering whether one can tell dynare++ to search for the library in a different folder. Is this possible?

In the solution from the website, be sure to save a backup of the old shared blas librar, or the new version of dynare++ (to be released in a few months) won’t work. Also, other programs that depend on the new version of that library may not work either.

For the paths, when running dynare++ from the terminal, you can change the order in which directories are searched. See: cyberciti.biz/faq/unix-linux-adding-path/

Best,
Houtan

FYI, anyone who runs into this problem, it seems that this is now fixed in the unstable version.

I had the same issue when running Dynare++ (from the 4.4.3 release) on macOS Sierra.

Installing the unstable version of Dynare (and the Dynare++ that comes with it) resolved the problem without having to mess with the libBLAS.dylib file. So while waiting for the new stable release of Dynare, try installing the unstable version and use that when running Dynare++, even if you keep the old stable version for regular Dynare. See here for installation instructions: Unstable Mac Version of Dynare