Unstable Mac Version of Dynare

Hi dear Dynare Team,
why is there no new unstable dynare version for Mac OS?
The last update was one month ago. The Windows version is updated nearly on a daily basis.
Is there no support for the Mac version any more?

Thanks

The reason is that Mac users can easily build the unstable version via Homebrew, see dynare.org/DynareWiki/InstallOnMacOSX. That is not possible with Windows. Because building unstable versions is a lot of work, we currently do it for Windows where no other way is available.

Thank You!
The installation is not completely foolproof as I had to install a lot of other stuff and make some directories writeable, but after 30 minutes I had it.
And, surprise, Dynare is now running also on Mathlab 2017a.

So, thank you once more!

Hi all,

I installed the unstable version of Dynare and it seems to have worked on Mac OS Sierra (Matlab 2017a). However, Dynare++ crashes and displays the message:

!./dynare++ --per 20 --sim 3 --ss-tol 1e-8 het_exp_g.mod
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/hdf5/lib/libhdf5.10.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/Google Drive/Research/uncertainty/dynare/./dynare++
Reason: image not found
./dynare++ --per 20 --sim 3 --ss-tol 1e-8 het_exp_g.mod: Aborted

Folder /usr/local/opt/hdf5/lib/ has the library libhdf5.100.dylib, but not libhdf5.10.dylib.

Thank you.

Do you get the same error when you run it from the terminal prompt? Can you post your .mod file?

Hi,
Unfortunately, updating the Mac version with

brew install dynare --HEAD --with-matlab=/Applications/MATLAB_R2017a.app --with-matlab-version=9.2 --without-octave --with-tex

didn’t work any more. I get the error:

==> Checking out branch master
Error: inreplace failed
dynare++/kord/journal.cweb:
expected replacement of “#if !defined(MINGW32) && !defined(CYGWIN32) && !defined(CYGWIN) && !defined(MINGW64) && !defined(CYGWIN64)” with “#if 1”

Do you know the reason?
Thanks

Yes, I need to fix this. In the meantime, there’s a dynare snapshot here if you’re looking for Matlab mex files: dynare.org/snapshot/macosx/

Thank you for your quick response !