Use_dll installation

Dear Dynare Users,

have someone be able to use the “use_dll” option?
I have followed the steps described here: dynare.org/DynareWiki/Config … ompilation

I have installed Microsoft Windows SDK. But when I run “mex -setup” I get the following error message:

“Der Befehl “C:\Program” ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.”

I think it has to do with the fact that in the path there is a blank. But I do not know how I can solve this problem.

Any suggestions?

Best,
Daniel

Check whether you installed the correct version, particularly considering your Matlab version (64 vs. 32 bit): de.mathworks.com/support/compilers/R2015a/index.html
Note also that for older versions of Matlab, the detection might not work.

Okay. I have Matlab R2011a (64bit). Does it mean use_dll will not work? Or what should I do?

(In general: I want to use the dll option, hoping that it will speed up the computation. My model has 71 equation. Can I expect that it will run faster? I solve with order 3. Or should I use dynare++? But when I use dynare++ on a very simple model, it is also very slow for higher order. What is the advantage of using dynare++?)

Again many thanks in advance!!

(I also have another question: I’m doing the following steps:

1. run the dynare mod file with a simulation length of 10000 and order 3.
  2. Calculate the kurtosis of one simulated variable say output.
  3. As a check I then use:
    [oo_.dr,info,M_,options_,oo_] = resol(0,M_,options_,oo_);
    y_ = simult_(oo_.dr.ys,oo_.dr,shocks,options_.order);
    shocks is equal to oo_.exo_simul.
  4. Form y_ is again calculate the kurtosis of the output.
    BUT: the values of the both kurtosis are NOT exactly the same. Why??)

See de.mathworks.com/support/compilers/R2011a/win64.html. It seems you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express as well (and in the correct order)

Regarding your second question: Most probably because of the burnin in options_.drop.