Unable to transform stationary form

Hi all, I am working on a model with trend and with 3 inputs Cobb Douglas production function in the form Yt = at* Kt^alpha * (Xt-1ht)^1-alpha * Bt^theta. I couldn’t transform the production side of the model to stationary form. If there is any solution suggestion I would be glad. Thanks very much.

What exactly is your problem? You did not even describe which variable has a trend and whether the Cobb-Douglas function is constant returns to scale?

Hi again Prof. Pfeifer, sorry for my inadequate description. I am trying to extent Garcia-Cicco et al (2010) model. Firstly, I would like to decompose external borrowing as FDI and FPI and introduce capital controls on FPI as in (Olanı, 2017). When I run the model without stating FDI (f) as a predetermined variable it works fine however when I set f as a predetermined variable I got the following error:
Residuals of the static equations:

Equation number 1 : 0
Equation number 2 : 0
Equation number 3 : 0
Equation number 4 : 0
Equation number 5 : 0
Equation number 6 : 0
Equation number 7 : 0
Equation number 8 : 0
Equation number 9 : 0
Equation number 10 : 0
Equation number 11 : 0
Equation number 12 : 0
Equation number 13 : 0
Equation number 14 : 0
Equation number 15 : 0
Equation number 16 : 0
Equation number 17 : 0
Equation number 18 : 0
Equation number 19 : 0
Equation number 20 : 0
Equation number 21 : 0
Equation number 22 : 0
Equation number 23 : 0

MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: No obvious problems with this mod-file were detected.
Error using print_info (line 42)
Blanchard Kahn conditions are not satisfied: no stable equilibrium
Error in stoch_simul (line 100)
print_info(info, options_.noprint, options_);
Error in v3 (line 306)
info = stoch_simul(var_list_);
Error in dynare (line 278)
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;

What might be the problem?

Secondly, in the second mod file I tried to add the FDI into the production function. However, in resource constraint equation there seems to be an error. Any ideas about what am I doing wrong? Thanks…

q3.mod (6.0 KB)

q4.mod (6.0 KB)

1. You need to check your timing assumptions. It seems strange that the return on FDI next period is not stochastic.
  2. For the second file, it seems strange that rf=-0.1531 in your steady state file.