Trying to use dynare and Matlab together

Hi,

I’ve downloaded Matlab and dynare but have been unable to set the path and unable to get the instruction dynare FILE to work properly on my Mac laptop. I’m a student so simple instructions would be greatly appreciated.

What did you do and how far did you get?

I think I’ve got dynare working but every time I give the command for dynare to work with my mod file I get a error message saying preprocessing failed

dynare Cagan

Configuring Dynare …
[m] Generalized QZ.
[m] Sylvester equation solution.
[m] Kronecker products.
[m] Sparse kronecker products.
[m] Local state space iteration (second order).
[no] Bytecode evaluation.
[no] k-order perturbation solver.
[no] k-order solution simulation.
[no] Quasi Monte-Carlo sequence (Sobol).
[no] Markov Switching SBVAR.

/bin/bash: /Users/peterhopkinson/Downloads/dynare/4.3.3/matlab/dynare_m: No such file or directory

Error using dynare (line 114)
DYNARE: preprocessing failed

I don’t think whether I haven’t installed dynare properly or whether there is a problem on my mod file, I’m using Mac if that makes any difference

You did not properly install Dynare. Why did you use such an old version?

Lecturer wanted us to use that version

What have I done wrong whilst installing dynare?

1. Kindly suggest to your lecturer to upgrade. We released 4.3.3 in 2013. Many bugs have since been fixed and that version will not be compatible with newer Matlab/Octave versions
  2. I am not even sure that that version already supports 64 bit systems. For that reason, there may be no way to install it.
  3. In any case, try the newest version. If you run into backward-compatibility issues with your mod-files, we can help with upgrading. Simply use the package available at https://www.dynare.org/download/

Thank you very much!!!