The rank condition ISN'T verified!

Hello, everybody, when I estimated my model, dynare warn me “The rank condition ISN’T verified!” and can’t finish the whole estimation. I attached the errors information, my mod file and data file here. Thank you for your help.

The rank condition ISN’T verified!

Loading 55 observations from obs_data.m

PARAMETER INITIALIZATION: Some standard deviations of shocks of the calibrated model are 0 and
PARAMETER INITIALIZATION: violate the inverse gamma prior. They will instead be initialized with the prior mean.
Error in computing likelihood for initial parameter values

ESTIMATION_CHECKS: There was an error in computing the likelihood for initial parameter values.
ESTIMATION_CHECKS: You should try using the calibrated version of the model as starting values. To do
ESTIMATION_CHECKS: this, add an empty estimated_params_init-block with use_calibration option immediately before the estimation
ESTIMATION_CHECKS: command (and after the estimated_params-block so that it does not get overwritten):

Error using print_info (line 48)
Blanchard Kahn conditions are not satisfied: indeterminacy due to rank failure

Error in print_info (line 48)
error(‘Blanchard Kahn conditions are not satisfied:’ …

Error in initial_estimation_checks (line 69)
print_info(info, DynareOptions.noprint, DynareOptions)

Error in dynare_estimation_1 (line 179)
oo_ =
initial_estimation_checks(objective_function,xparam1,dataset_,M_,estim_params_,options_,bayestopt_,oo_);

Error in dynare_estimation (line 89)
dynare_estimation_1(var_list,dname);

Error in dsge_esti (line 396)
dynare_estimation(var_list_);

Error in dynare (line 180)
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;
obs_data.m (4.59 KB)
dsge_esti.mod (2.89 KB)

Before going to estimation, make sure your model runs with stoch_simul. You most probably have timing errors in your model. I am pretty sure your timing of capital for example violated Dynare’s stock at the end of period timing convention.

Dear jpfeifer, thanks a lot for your answer. I have solved the problem. Now I have another question, that is, how can get the IRF values of variables? because according the original producer, only output the figure of IRFs.

See my reply at [How to get the IRF values of variables?)

Dear jpfeifer, thanks a lot, I have gotten it.