The generalized Schur decomposition failed.

Hello everyone, when I run the code, I can see the residuals of the static equations are all zero, except for equation 18, which has a residual of 1.204e-07. And the steady-state value has been calculated. But I still have the following problem. I attached my mod, could someone help me understand the problem, thanks for your help.

TS2.m (2.3 KB)
Steady_TS2.m (4.2 KB)
TS.mod (11.9 KB)

dynare TS
Error using print_info (line 32)
The generalized Schur (QZ) decomposition failed. For more information, see the documentation for
Lapack function dgges: info=30, n=34. You can also run model_diagnostics to get more information on what may cause this problem.
Error in check (line 48)
print_info(info, 0, options);
Error in tanshui1. driver (line 1154)
oo_.dr.eigval = check(M_,options_,oo_);
Error in dynare (line 281)
evalin(‘base’,[fname ‘.driver’]);

When I run model_diagnostics to get more information…

model_diagnostics
Insufficient number of input parameters
Error in model_diagnostics (line 38)
endo_nbr = M.endo_nbr;

It seems that you did not use enough input arguments in the function.

model_diagnostics(M_ , options_ , oo_) ;

Please only do an exp()-substitution once the model works. It’s too error prone.

Many many thanks indeed. I have rechecked the use and input of parameters, but it does not seem to be the real question.
In addition, I seem to have made a fundamental mistake: running “model_diagnostics” in the MATLAB command window, which is not recognized by MATLAB. After running the command you provided, I found that the model may have collinearity issues.

MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: The Jacobian of the static model is singular
MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: there is 1 colinear relationships between the variables and the equations
Colinear equations
12 13 14 15
MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: The presence of a singularity problem typically indicates that there is one
MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: redundant equation entered in the model block, while another non-redundant equation
MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: is missing. The problem often derives from Walras Law.

Professor Pfeiffer
Thanks for the reply.
I know your suggestion is to avoid careless issues that may lead to errors during the exp() -substitution. I will check this issue. More importantly, now I have discovered a new problem: there are four collinear equations in the model, which may be the real problem.

MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: The Jacobian of the static model is singular
MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: there is 1 colinear relationships between the variables and the equations
Colinear variables:
P
q
LambdaR
LambdaNR
CR
LR
CNR
LNR
W
RK
INCR
INCNR
IND
m2
m5
m8
Colinear equations
12 13 14 15
MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: The presence of a singularity problem typically indicates that there is one
MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: redundant equation entered in the model block, while another non-redundant equation
MODEL_DIAGNOSTICS: is missing. The problem often derives from Walras Law.

//12
exp(Yb)=exp(F+A+Lb*(1-alphab)+KbP(-1)alphab);
//13
exp(Eb+P+F+A)=(exp(W)/(1-alphab))^(1-alphab)
(exp(RK)/alphab)^alphab;
//14
exp(Lb)=(1-alphab)exp(Eb+Yb+P-W);
//15
exp(KbP(-1)+RK)=alphab
exp(Eb+Yb+P);

May I seek more help from you? Many many thanks indeed.

In many models, the price level has a unit root, giving rise to a collinearity warning. You should work with the real wage as a variable instead of W/P.

Thank you very much for your reply. After adjusting the equations put in the model according to the error prompt, the collinearity problem was solved. Your reply has been very helpful to me, and I sincerely thank you again.