Syntax error, unexpected INF_CONSTANT

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my mod file to be read by version 4.1.3. In particular, the message is “syntax error, unexpected INF_CONSTANT. DYNARE: preprocessing failed”. I don’t know what INF_CONSTANT actually means? I’ve checked my settings of parameters and made sure that there is no constant in the model since it is log-linearized. The interesting thing is that when I run the same mod file in version 3.065 I get an error “In an assignment A(I) = B, the number of elements in B and I must be the same”, the meaning of which I don’t know either. Perhaps, it is related to the rank condition. I want to produce impulse response functions using stochastic simulation with the options steady and check.
If anybody can guide me through these, I would be very happy.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, please post the mod-file.

Yes, sure! Here it is. I am just thinking that probably my coefficients in the model are too long. Shall I replace them as the functions of deep parameters using #?
Initial.mod (8.47 KB)

Hi, Dynare 4.2 says:

If you look in the respective line 1 at colums 20 to 22, you will see that you named one variable inf (i guess inflation), but inf is a reserved word for infinity. Please change the name to infl.

Thanks a lot. Now I know what those numbers before the error message mean. I wrongly looked at lines 20-22 instead of 1. Yet, I have to meet the rank condition still. Let me figure it out.