Suppress IRFs plots

Dear all,

I am running a Bayesian estimation for a new Keynesian multisector model. I need to compute the IRFs, but as there are too many variables, Matlab crashes before finishing the computation.

Is there a way to compute the Bayesian IRFs without plotting them? I just need them to be stored on the oo_.irfs file.

What exactly is the error message. Big models should not crash. To answer your question, you can use the nograph-option.

Thanks! The nograph option should work. I’m reaching the limit of windows objects and then Matlab stops:

The error in the dynare file is:
java.lang.InternalError: The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.

at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.eventLoop(Native Method)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.run(WToolkit.java:312)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I tried running with the nograph option, and the IRFs are computed, but I am not getting the file with the results. In the output I get:

STOCHASTIC_SOLVER: The Jacobian of the dynamic model contains Inf. The problem is associated with:

Derivative of Equation 1 with respect to  Variable pi  (initial value of pi: 0) 
Derivative of Equation 1 with respect to  Variable i  (initial value of i: 0) 
Derivative of Equation 1 with respect to  Variable vb  (initial value of vb: 0)

which are variables of my euler equation and have a 0 steady-state value. Do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?
dy_code2.mod (14.9 KB)

You did not provide the Input_share.mat.

I guess that was the message for sigma=0 during the mode_check-plots. That is expected. The model will not work for all parameter values.