Strange Residuals of the static

Hi,I got some weird residuals of the static in Equation number 7、10、11.Could you help me find out what’s wrong?
Residuals of the static equations:
Equation number 1 : 0 : 1
Equation number 2 : 0 : 2
Equation number 3 : 0 : 3
Equation number 4 : 0 : q
Equation number 5 : 0 : 5
Equation number 6 : 0 : ir
Equation number 7 : -1 : 7
Equation number 8 : 0 : x_1
Equation number 9 : 0 : x_2
Equation number 10 : -Inf : 10
Equation number 11 : -Inf : d
Equation number 12 : 0 : mc
Equation number 13 : 0 : y
Equation number 14 : 0 : 14
Equation number 15 : 0 : rk
Equation number 16 : 0 : 16
Equation number 17 : 0 : 17
Equation number 18 : 0 : 18
Equation number 19 : 0 : K

the mod file as follows:
c.mod (2.2 KB)
thank you!

Hi Rong,

in your initial values section you have to put pistar=pistars; then it works. You had pistar=pistar; which does not work and thus Dynare used 0 as initial value for pistar, which does not work.

Best

1 Like

It was very careless of me.This is an embarrassing mistake. you’re helping me once again, thanks.lol

No problem :slight_smile:

Hi. :wink:
Sorry to bother you again.About"There are 8 eigenvalue(s) larger than 1 in modulus for 9 forward-looking variable(s).The rank condition ISN’T verified!".I looked through the forums for similar questions,That seem to mean timing error or a problem with the Taylor principle.If i change the equation 18(Taylor principle) to"ir=(1-rho_ir)(phi_pi(pi-pis))-sigma_ir;",it works. but I think the original Taylor principle is not wrong,so it confuses me.I hope this isn’t the result of a careless or embarrassing mistake again. Thanks!!!
the mod file as follows:
h.mod (2.6 KB)

Hi Rong,

this problem can also arise with bad/wrong parametrization. When I just increase your phi_pi enough (>1938) the model works. Of course this is a silly high number that does not make sense but it indicates that either there is a problem with the parameters chosen or the determinacy region is small, maybe check your parameters again and you will find a mistake.
In case this model is taken from somewhere, that would be a good place to start.

I never knew that parameter setting could cause errors,I’ll follow your advice. Thanks again!!! :grinning: