Steady state problem

Hi all,
How do I combine the dynare code with the matlab steady states file ? (See attached files) the matlab file is not being recognized by dynare. The message I get is" inx "(the name of the steadystate file )is unknown .
How can I use the steadystate file in matlab in dynare. I am having the same problem with my model very similar to the one attached. I get a message : “The steadystate file did not compute the steady state” Any suggestion will be very appreciated…
Thank you,
PS: I tried different suggestions from the forum but nothing seems to work.

I can run the attached files in Dynare 4.4.3 without any errors.

Your file is not a steady state file (you are using the steady_state_model-block for that). The inx.m is just an external Matlab file executed within a Dynare mod-file.

Thank you …
Here is the message I get.
Undefined function ‘inx’ for input arguments of type ‘cell’.
Error in exampleone (line 244)
icd=inx(‘cd’,varo);
Error in dynare (line 180)
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;

Any idea what it means?

Type

It should show your uploaded file. If this is not the case, copy the inx.m in the folder where the mod-file is located.

Hi, I have a similar question,
I am trying to run this mod file which contains the Dynare code for the solution procedure for asset holdings. ( Taken from Alan Sutherland website).
However, I obtain the same error as yours,
*Undefined function ‘inx’ for input arguments of type ‘cell’.
Error in Alansutherland (line 244)
icd=inx(‘cd’,varo);
evalin(‘base’,fname) ; *
I cannot find the inx.m file so I cannot copy it in the folder where the mod file is located.
any help would be very welcome!
I have been looking around to find a solution…but nothing helps.
Thank you,
Alansutherland.mod (6.5 KB)

1 Like

I have already solved the problem! the inx.m file was in another folder so I copied it where the mod file is located.

[quote=“alba.delvillar”]Hi, I have a similar question,
I am trying to run this mod file which contains the Dynare code for the solution procedure for asset holdings. ( Taken from Alan Sutherland website).
However, I obtain the same error as yours,
*Undefined function ‘inx’ for input arguments of type ‘cell’.
Error in Alansutherland (line 244)
icd=inx(‘cd’,varo);
evalin(‘base’,fname) ; *
I cannot find the inx.m file so I cannot copy it in the folder where the mod file is located.
any help would be very welcome!
I have been looking around to find a solution…but nothing helps.
Thank you,[/quote]