Steady-state file not computing the steady-state


I appreciate it if someone can take a look and let me know where I’m going wrong. (I’m using Dynare 4.4.2)

I changed the rbc_monopolistic.mod file (in Dynare examples, written by Fernandez-Villaverde) so that I can compute the steady-state values within a steady-state file. I wrote a function res_lss.m to calculate the ‘error’ generated by an ad-hoc value of steady-state for labor (l_ss). The files are attached.

The rbc_monopolistic_steadystate.m uses the function res_lss.m to find the value of labor (l_ss) that satisfies the steady-state equations (i.e. generates no error). This l_ss is then used to calculate the rest of the steady-state values. The static equations are all satisfied (to see it, comment out the static equations in the steady-state file). Also, the steady-state file is the one that I downloaded from the forum and modified (dog_steadystate.m).

The error that I get is:
“Error using print_info (line 72)
The steadystate file did not compute the steady state”

Thank you very much,
rbc_monopolistic.mod (1.9 KB)
rbc_monopolistic_steadystate.m (2.07 KB)
res_lss.m (686 Bytes)

Thou shalt never name something i!
Rename i into investment and it will work.

Yes it does! Great! Thank you Johannes, I would probably never catch this subtle error myself.