Schur decomposition failed, steady state incorrect in rck model with two ricardian agents

Hi all!

I am currently working on a very simple ramsey-cass-koopmans model with a skilled and an unskilled worker. It works perfectly well under the assumption that the unskilled worker is nonricardian i.e. does not have access to the capital market and therefore consumes his or her entire income.
However, as soon as I let go of this assumption and replace w_u*l_u=c_u with the corresponding euler equation, I start running into problems. Dynare manages to find a steady state, but this steady state is incorrect: labour hours l_u and l_s, which should be between 0 and 1, are both very large, and so are consumption levels c_u and c_s. The labour-leisure-tradeoff is described by w_u/c_u=utility of leisure *(1-l_u) and analogously for the skilled worker. In the resulting steady state, the left hand side is positive and the right hand side negative, but both values are too close to zero for dynare to distinguish them.
The generalized Schur decomposition fails, but model diagnostics finds no obvious problems.
What might be the issue here? And how could I go about solving it?

Thanks in advance!
ricardianrck.mod (1.7 KB)

Your steady state solution is a pathological one, induced by the initval-block not being sequentially executable. Start from

ricardianrck.mod (1.7 KB)

Many thanks!
It worked, but there seems to be a singularity. The two euler-equations are colinear. I suppose that is because they both determine the steady-state interest rate? Is there anything I can do about that?

Without seeing the final file, it is impossible to tell.

What do you mean with final file? I was referring to the file you kindly provided me with.

At least on my machine no steady state is found.

Dynare did find a steady state on my pc. I have now set the initval very close to the steady state values in my reupload. I have also realized that I need to two budget constraints rather than one law of motion for capital. However, the singularity has not disappeared, and one of the household is indebted, which I would like to avoid.
ricardianrck.mod (1.9 KB)

There must be something conceptually wrong because k_u cannot be negative.