Request for help to run my DSGE model

Hello Professor, The problem with the work is that I can’t get the model to run. so I’m stuck on this step. I searched for the Matlab code in vain. I wrote to the authors, but I didn’t get a follow up.

1 Like

Hi KONAN,

which paper/model are you considering?

I send you the article in question as an attachment.vieira2018.pdf (2.1 MB) IMPORTANT.pdf (742.5 KB)

If there is no replication code available you will have to implement the equations (A.1-A.20) on your own.

Okay. Thank you Sir.

Hello Professor,

I encounter this problem after correcting my model.
Using 64-bit preprocessor
Starting Dynare (version 4.6.2).
Calling Dynare with arguments: none
Starting preprocessing of the model file …
ERROR: ESSAIVRAI.mod: line 275, col 6: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’, expecting EQUAL

Error using dynare (line 282)
Dynare: preprocessing failedESSAIVRAI.mod (13.4 KB)

The message tells you that you have an error on line 275 col 6, where you have resid; try with resid(1); and just in case, write steady with the first in lowercase in line 277

when I write resid(1), the same message appears. in addition I rewrite steady in lowercase.

Sorry for many suggestions, but I am on my smartphone, try put end; after resid; for end with steady_state_block, I mean:

steady_state_model;

r_star = rho;

end;

resid(1);

steady;

the problem is solved for resid(1), but for steady demeure.
ERROR: ESSAIVRAI.mod: line 299, cols 14-19: syntax error, unexpected LINEAR

Error using dynare (line 282)
Dynare: preprocessing failed

Try removing linear from stochsimul

After removing linear from stochsimul, here is the result.

WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘Ctild_star’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘pi_star’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘pi_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘pi_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘ytild_star’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘Ctild_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘Ctild_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tt_tild_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tt_tild_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘ytild_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘ytild_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘dchapo_g_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘dchapo_g_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘rtild_star’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘gtild_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘gtild_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘gtild_star’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tautild_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tautild_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tt_tild_i’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘Ctild_i’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tt_bar_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tt_bar_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘Y_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘D_g_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘Y_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘D_g_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘r_bar_star’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘c_bar_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘C_bar_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘C_bar_star’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘g_bar_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘g_bar_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘g_bar_star’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘y_bar_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘y_bar_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘y_bar_star’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘P_bar_star’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘P_bar_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘P_bar_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tau_bar_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tau_bar_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tau_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘tau_B’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘muchapo_w_s’ is not assigned a value
WARNING: in the ‘steady_state_model’ block, variable ‘muchapo_w_B’ is not assigned a value
Substitution of exo leads: added 1 auxiliary variables and equations.
Substitution of exo lags: added 3 auxiliary variables and equations.
ERROR: There are 34 equations but 51 endogenous variables!

Is your model log-linearized? If this is the case, put:
model(linear);
At the begining of model Block insead only model;
If you model is not log-linearized, you need assign a steady state value or write relationship with parameters for each endogenous variable in steady_state_model Block.

In this section we only provide a log-linearized summary of the model, while the detailed presentation is provided in
Appendix A.7 All variables are written in gap form (x˜t).8 Variables of the form xt denote log-deviations of efficient values
from the steady-state. Variables for a small and the big countries are indexed, respectively, with s (or i) and B, while unionwide variables are superscripted by an asterisk.

Ok then try with model(linear); at line 202

ERROR: There are 34 equations but 51 endogenous variables!

this is the article I use.
vieira2018.pdf (2.1 MB)

As the message says: you have specified fewer equations than you declared variables. There must be as many variables as equations.

dynare MonDSGE
WARNING: A parameter was used with a lead or a lag in the model block
Substitution of exo leads: added 1 auxiliary variables and equations.
Substitution of exo lags: added 3 auxiliary variables and equations.
Found 41 equation(s).
Evaluating expressions…done
Computing static model derivatives (order 1).
Computing dynamic model derivatives (order 2).
Processing outputs …
done
Preprocessing completed.

SOLVE: maxit has been reached

Residuals of the static equations:

Equation number 1 : 0 : Ctild_star
Equation number 2 : 0 : rtild_star
Equation number 3 : -0.0094669 : pi_s
Equation number 4 : -0.0094669 : pi_B
Equation number 5 : -0.00025 : gtild_s
Equation number 6 : 5e-05 : gtild_B
Equation number 7 : -0.00075 : tautild_s
Equation number 8 : -0.00015 : tautild_B
Equation number 9 : 0 : Ctild_s
Equation number 10 : 0 : Ctild_i
Equation number 11 : 0 : Ctild_B
Equation number 12 : 0 : tt_tild_s
Equation number 13 : 0 : tt_tild_B
Equation number 14 : 0 : ytild_s
Equation number 15 : 0 : ytild_B
Equation number 16 : 0 : dchapo_g_s
Equation number 17 : 0 : dchapo_g_B
Equation number 18 : 0.05 : bchapo_s
Equation number 19 : 0.01 : bchapo_B
Equation number 20 : 0 : c_bar_s
Equation number 21 : 0 : C_bar_B
Equation number 22 : 0 : C_bar_star
Equation number 23 : 0 : g_bar_s
Equation number 24 : 0 : g_bar_B
Equation number 25 : 0 : g_bar_star
Equation number 26 : 0 : y_bar_s
Equation number 27 : 0 : y_bar_B
Equation number 28 : 0 : y_bar_star
Equation number 29 : 0 : 29
Equation number 30 : 0 : tt_bar_s
Equation number 31 : 0 : tt_bar_B
Equation number 32 : 0 : tau_bar_s
Equation number 33 : 0 : tau_bar_B
Equation number 34 : 0 : r_bar_star
Equation number 35 : -0.5 : a_s
Equation number 36 : -0.5 : a_B
Equation number 37 : -0.5 : a_star

Error using print_info (line 32)
Impossible to find the steady state (the sum of square residuals of the static equations
is 0.7528). Either the model doesn’t have a steady state, there are an infinity of steady
states, or the guess values are too far from the solution

Error in steady (line 102)
print_info(info,options_.noprint, options_);

Error in MonDSGE.driver (line 643)
steady;

Error in dynare (line 293)
evalin(‘base’,[fname ‘.driver’]) ;

Hello teacher,
Here is the problem I have now.