Questions on info = stoch_simul(var_list_)

Dear all,

I am in the process of calibrating my model by minimizing the squared distance of my model output relative to data targets. My objective function computes the squared distance for any vector x of parameters. Further, I use ‘fmincon’ (locally but also within a global search algorithm) to find the minimizing vector or parameters. In the objective function, I used the hints from former messages in this forum (f.ex. using the set_param_value function and info = stoch_simul(var_list_) to simulate the model with the new parameters). As far as I understood, if info = 0, dynare did not find any problems and the model is stable and can be simulated. Where can I find out what other “codes” of info mean?
Moreover, in rare cases, the optimal vector my code gives me is not producing a stable solution of the model, but info is still equal to zero. Am I doing something wrong in using the function?

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

1. You can see the error codes in https://git.dynare.org/Dynare/dynare/blob/master/matlab/print_info.m
  2. I would need to see the codes of the example that returns a non-existent solution.