Question

Dear Dynare Users,
I have a technical question: in using Dynare_solve to solve nonlinear equations ,matlab show: "Error using ==> dynare_solve
Solve block = 2 check = 1"why?
All my best
fmq

Before solving for the steady state, we break the model in simultaneous blocks. That can be solved recursively. In your model, Dynare can’t solve the second block.

Best

Michel

Dear Everybody!
I’ve already installed Dynare on two or three computers and it’s working. But I’ ve problem after doing the same on my own computer. (Same MATLAB version).
So, after unpacking and setting path when I run the example files, I got the following message (after the steady state has appeared):
??? Input argument “C” is undefined.
Error in ==> double at 27
b0=C’*(R\C);

Does anybody have any idea what I did the wrong way?

Thanks, Áron

Other messages follow the first one (I suppose they are the corrollary of the first):

Error in ==> ismember at 85
a = double(a);

Error in ==> setdiff at 110
tf = ~(ismember(a,b));

Error in ==> set_state_space at 23
stat_var = setdiff([1]’,union(union(pred_var,both_var),fwrd_var)); % static variables

Error in ==> dr1 at 124
dr=set_state_space(dr);

Error in ==> resol at 56
[dr,info] = dr1(dr,check_flag);

Error in ==> check at 18
[dr, info] = resol(ys_,1);

Error in ==> kati at 108
check;

Error in ==> dynare at 26
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;
:?: :?:

double.m where the error arises on line 27 doesn’t belong to Dynare. You must have another toolbox interfering with Dynare

Best

Michel

Thanks.
It interferred with a Hansen Sargent toolbox.
I removed it from the set path menu, and now the Dynare is working.

Áron

[quote=“MichelJuillard”]double.m where the error arises on line 27 doesn’t belong to Dynare. You must have another toolbox interfering with Dynare

Best

Michel[/quote]