Question regarding Preprocessor

Hi,
is there a doumentation of available preprocessor commands (like e.g. noclearall) somewhere?
And is there a possibility/command option to prevent Dynare from

1. creating Tex-names for every variable
  2. saving the solutions to a mat-file on the harddisk

[quote=“jpfeifer”]Hi,
is there a doumentation of available preprocessor commands (like e.g. noclearall) somewhere?
[/quote]

see dynare.org/manual/re01.html

I don’t understand: these names are not used unless you use the TEX option

[quote]

The solutions are in oo_.dr that is save in _results.mat

Best

Michel[/quote]

Dear Michel,
Thanks a lot for your answer. Sorry, I somehow overlooked this part in the manual.

The second part of my question was probably badly formulated. My problem was that I use an external Matlab program that invokes Dynare to extract some outputs. When looking at the .m-file generated by the preprocessor I saw that both the Tex-names part and the saving the results to a .mat-file are redundant in this case as I do not use them. That’s why I was wondering if there is a simple way to shut these features off. But never mind, I now circumvent this issue by running the Dynare preprocessor once to generate the .m-file and then using the respective code-parts without Tex-names and saving to hard-disk.

However, in general I would still like to have the option to tell Dynare whether to save the results to the harddisk or not. For most smaller models this is no problem and happens in no time, but for higher order approximations, the files can become huge (in the hundreds of megabytes). Hence, I would like to be able to shut off saving them when I am sure I am not going to need them anyway.

Kind regards,

Johannes

you can just write
oo_ = ];

at the end of your *.mod file and Dynare will save an empty matrix.

Best

Michel