OS X 10.12 Sierra and Dynare++: it does not work

Dear All,

I have updated my Mac machine to Sierra. I have noticed there is a post in the forum about compatibility of Sierra and Matlab. However, my issue is different.

My Matlab 2013b works fine with Sierra (it just needed a simple update of Java Runtime Environment). The regular Dynare works too. What does not work is Dynare++. I have added Dynare++ to the path of Matlab and also to the path of my OS X (see code below). This technique (adding to the path of both Matlab and OS X) was sufficient to have a fully functioning Dynare++ on my OS X while I was still using El Capitan. However, nothing works at the moment. I get the usual error message of “/bin/bash: dynare++: command not found”. Again, in the past, adding Dynare++ to the system path was sufficient to solve this issue.

Anybody can suggest a way to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

echo $PATH Applications/Dynare/4.4.3/dynare++:/Applications/Dynare/4.3.0/dynare++:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/texbin

You’re missing a forward slash in your path variable. It should be:

• echo $PATH /Applications/Dynare/4.4.3/dynare++:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/texbin

Also, remove Dynare 4.3.0 from your path.

Thanks for your answer. I have modified the path accordingly and it works.