Older Dynare version on Mac

Hi,

I have a question regarding the functioning of Dynare on a Mac. I use Dynare 4.1.3, simply because it was the version I downloaded first and seems I do not need much more than the algorythm that solves the model so I keep it. I have recently changed to a Mac though and I have downloaded the Mac-version of Dynare 4.1.3. Without reading the instructions, I simply installed it and it seems to work perfectly fine. It should be ok right? I mean, I do not need to do any of the steps posted on dynare.org/DynareWiki/InstallOnMacOSX for newer versions of Dynare, right?
Thanks!

Kyriacos

First, you are highly encouraged to upgrade to the latest version, 4.2.5. Though you can look at dynare.org/DynareWiki/KnownBugs to see which bugs we found in 4.1.3, we no longer track the 4.1 version and so any bugs that may exist will not be reported. It is MUCH better for you to upgrade.

That said, if you do not want to upgrade, you should follow the instructions on dynare.org/DynareWiki/InstallOnMacOSX for Dynare 4.2.0 and 4.2.1 to build mex files on your system. But, again, you should upgrade.

Thanks a lot, I did update. Just a final question: My Mac’s System Version is “Mac OS X 10.7.3”. So, if I understand well it lies in the category “Dynare 4.2.- on Mac OS X 10.6 or higher” right? If so, I simply need to download and install it without doing anything else. Am I correct?
Sorry, just want to be 100% sure.

Kyriacos

Yes, Before the 4.2.2 update, you had to compile mex files locally. Once we downloaded the old versions of Matlab (for Dynare 4.2.2 and after), we were able to compile the mex files for you and include them directly. So, all you need to do is install the package and add appropriate folder to your path.

Thanks a lot!