New book - Dynamic Macroeconomic General Equilibrium Models

Hi,

I would like to announce a new book of possible interest to the forum members. I hope this is the right place to post the announcement. Thank you.

New book on introductory Dynamic CGE modelling using Dynare.

Book Title: Introduction to Dynamic Macroeconomic General Equilibrium Models
Author: José Luis Torres Chacon, University of Malaga

Summary
This book offers an introductory step-by-step course to Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium modelling. Modern macroeconomic analysis is increasingly concerned with the construction, calibration and/or estimation and simulation of Dynamic General Equilibrium (DGE) models. The book is intended for graduate students as an introductory course to DGE modelling and for those economists who would like a hands-on approach to learning the basics of modern dynamic macroeconomic modelling. The book starts with the simplest canonical neoclassical DGE model and then gradually extends the basic framework incorporating a variety of additional features, such as consumption habit formation, investment adjustment cost, investment-specific technological change, taxes, public capital, household production, non-ricardian agents, monopolistic competition, etc. The book includes Dynare codes for the models developed that can be downloaded from the book’s homepage.

Author biography
José L. Torres is Associate Professor of Economics, Head of the Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics, University of Málaga (Spain). His current research areas include: Technological Change, Economic Growth, Dynamic General Equilibrium modelling. He has published several books and a large number of papers in journals as Information Economics and Policy, Public Choice, Macroeconomic Dynamics, Journal of Macroeconomics, Eastern European Economics, Empirical Economics, Economic Modelling, Open Economies Review, Economic Letters, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, SERIES, and Economic Issues.

Purchase from publisher (and download software code):
vernonpress.com/title.php?id=18
Purchase from Amazon:
amazon.com/Introduction-Macr … 622730070/
amazon.co.uk/Introduction-Ma … 622730070/

thank you for the post. does the publisher ship this book to people who are interested?

abiodun adegboye

Yes, I would also be interested, once it comes out.