Minnesota BVAR

Sorry, one other question… I was wondering if there was built in code for the Sims/Zha prior for BVARs. I can see that the Sims Bayesian Var programs are in the Dynare folders, but can’t find any reference to a built in Dynare command that uses those files.

I am interested in doing a model comparison along the lines of that in in Juillard,Kamenik,Kumhof and Laxton’s Optimal Price Setting and Inflation Inertia paper.

In the sub-folder /doc of your dynare (v4) installation you should find the pdf
bvar-a-la-sims.pdf. All is explained in this document.

Best,
Stéphane.

[quote=“dhargreaves”]Sorry, one other question… I was wondering if there was built in code for the Sims/Zha prior for BVARs. I can see that the Sims Bayesian Var programs are in the Dynare folders, but can’t find any reference to a built in Dynare command that uses those files.

I am interested in doing a model comparison along the lines of that in in Juillard,Kamenik,Kumhof and Laxton’s Optimal Price Setting and Inflation Inertia paper.[/quote]

When I try the example in the document,
I found the following error message.
However, I think that no equation is needed in BVAR.

dynare bvar_standalone

??? Error using ==> dynare
Starting Dynare …
Parsing your model file …
No equation found in model file

Thank you very much, indeed.

Jiho

Hi,

Where is it possible to find the datafile “test.xls” (and his layout) described in “bvar-a-la-sims.pdf” ?

Thanks,
Alekris.

Looks like you have an older version of the document.

The version which is distributed with the latest version of Dynare uses another datafile. It is found under the “tests/bvar-a-la-sims” subdirectory of the source tarball (look for the source package on the web site).