List of MJDGGES Error Codes

Dear all,

is there any list available containing all dynare error codes together some explanations.

I am stuck with an MJDGGES error code (74) and I have no clue what dynare is trying to tell me…

Many thanks
Dom

Currently, there is no such list. But you could try posting the mod-file.

We have just implemented a change in Dynare that should make these error codes a little less cryptic. This will be included in the next release.

Best,

[quote=“SébastienVillemot”]We have just implemented a change in Dynare that should make these error codes a little less cryptic. This will be included in the next release.

Best,[/quote]

Hello,

the new release has already appeared. Does anybody know if I can find error definitions anywhere? I am stuck with error 29 (without any other clarifications). I couldn’t find anything about this kind of error in the forum.

Tnanks!

Ok I was probably meaning the upcoming Dynare 4.3.

The error that you get is a crash in the Generalized Schur decomposition that is used for solving the model. Technically, what you get corresponds to an error code in the DGGES function of LAPACK, see the description of “INFO” at the following page:
netlib.no/netlib/lapack/double/dgges.f

It is difficult to translate this into an intuitive economic interpretation. But this basically means that there is some sort of singularity or indeterminacy in your model.

Best,