Issue with dynare 4.5.7-1 and Matlab 2020a on linux

Dear all,
I hope that this is the correct way to ask for help with this issue. If not please let me know where should I address it. Also, thanks in advance for any help.

I am trying to run dynare 4.5.7-1 on linux manjaro, which is the last version of dynare available in the repositories. Also, I’m running Matlab 2020a. All of this on an AMD CPU 3600.

I’ve tried running both the ‘example1.mod’ from the installation, as some .mod files provided that are supposed to work. In both cases I get the following error:

dynare example1.mod
Warning: Name is nonexistent or not a directory: /usr/lib/dynare/matlab/…/mex/matlab
In path (line 109)
In addpath (line 86)
In dynare_config (line 146)
In dynare (line 63)

Configuring Dynare …
[m] Generalized QZ.
[m] Sylvester equation solution.
[m] Kronecker products.
[m] Sparse kronecker products.
[m] Local state space iteration (second order).
[no] Bytecode evaluation.
[no] k-order perturbation solver.
[no] k-order solution simulation.
[no] Quasi Monte-Carlo sequence (Sobol).
[no] Markov Switching SBVAR.

Using 64-bit preprocessor
/bin/bash: /usr/lib/dynare/matlab/preprocessor64/dynare_m: No existe el fichero o el directorio

Error using dynare (line 229)
DYNARE: preprocessing failed

I already added the paths for dynare in the .octaverc file, and in the paths in matlab.
Is there any information I could provide to solve this?

Thanks and best regards.

Unless you build from source, I am pretty sure that Dynare 4.5.7 will not support Matlab 2020a. Right @sebastien?

I don’t think the problem is the MATLAB version. Dynare 4.5.7 should work with R2020a.

Here it looks like the preprocessor was not compiled, or not installed to the right location (nor were the MEX files).

@Javier How exactly did you install Dynare on your system? If it was through the package manager, I guess this means that the official Dynare package on Linux Manjaro is buggy, and that you have to recompile from source.

Thank you for your answers.
I installed through the manjaro package manager, which indeed seems to be buggy.
I will try recompiling it from the source, or install some virtual machine with another OS.

Thank you and best regards,
Javier.