Is there a way to have dynare only compute the policy and transition functions and save them?

Hi all,

I am running a program that estimates a DSGE model outside dynare and I would like to call Dynare repeatedly in a loop to give me the policy and transition matrices for a given parameter. I understand that Dynare can call parameter values from an external but I don’t know how to manipulate the output of Dynare or eliminate any computations I don’t need. Right now I am using gensys to solve the model but gensys does not give the minimum-state solution.

I would like this because Dynare gives the minimum-state variable solution for every parameter draw and this could greatly reduce the time it takes my file to compute the likelihood function of a medium-scale model

Which output exactly do you need? If you only need oo_.dr, then a call to resol should suffice. Also note that Dynare will not automatically give the mimimum state variable solution. See DSGE_mod/FV_et_al_2007_ABCD_minreal.mod at master · JohannesPfeifer/DSGE_mod · GitHub