Invalid Argument Error

Dear All, sorry if this is a very basic error, but I cannot figure this out.

In the attached code, when I am running using 4.3.1 or 4.4.2, I am getting the following error.

Starting Dynare (version 4.4.2).
Starting preprocessing of the model file …
Substitution of Expectation operator: added 2 auxiliary variables and equations.
Found 22 equation(s).
Evaluating expressions…done
Computing static model derivatives:

• order 1
    Computing dynamic model derivatives:
  • order 1
    ERROR: Invalid argument
    Processing outputs …
    Error using dynare (line 174)
    DYNARE: preprocessing failed

Please let me know if you can see the problem.
Thanks and regards,
Tirupam
dyn_lev_none.mod (2.07 KB)

I cannot replicated the issue with the posted mod-file. Have you tried reinstalling Dynare?

Thank you.
I reinstalled Dynare multiple times, but I get the same error. I am using Matlab 2013b.
I ran some other dynare codes using the same setup, and they are running fine.

I can try to investigate the ERROR that I am getting “INVALID ARGUMENT” if I can
understand whether the problem is with my equations or with initial values etc.

Try putting the mod-file in an empty folder. As the file runs on my machine, there is nothing inherently wrong with it (except for problems with the steady state that cannot cause your error)

Thank you very much Johannes. Putting the mod file in a separate folder ran the file okay (except other errors which I can handle now).
Thank you again, your help really saved a lot of my time.
Best regards,
Tirupam

Ok. That means there is a conflict with a similarly named file in the original folder.

That would be the explanation. Since running the dynare code creates other files with similar names, which may have errors, and might have been interfering.