Installation on Mac

hello,

i am installing Dynare version 4.12 on a Mac with OS 10.5.8, matlab version R2008b (7.7). I have gcc v4.0 installed but when i am running build_matlab, I am getting the following error message: Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

gcc-4.0 -c -I. -I/Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/extern/include -I/Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/simulink/include -DMATLAB_MEX_FILE -fno-common -no-cpp-precomp -fexceptions -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DMATLAB_MEX_FILE -DMATLAB_VERSION=0x0707 -DMX_COMPAT_32 -O3 “mjdgges/mjdgges.c” -o …/…/…/mex/matlab/mjdgges.o

/var/folders/LS/LSub5KArEtSJ6W-G1CjnzZridlo/-Tmp-//ccMIKpf5.s:unknown:FATAL:can’t create output file: …/…/…/mex/matlab/mjdgges.o

mex: compile of ' "mjdgges/mjdgges.c"' failed.

??? Error using ==> mex at 213
Unable to complete successfully.

Error in ==> build_matlab at 97
eval( COMPILE_COMMAND ’ -I. mjdgges/mjdgges.c ’ LAPACK_PATH ]);

Hi,

I will test this on 10.5.8 tomorrow as I left that machine at home. In the meanwhile, please do the following:
[ul]

1. Delete /Applications/Dynare/4.1.2
  2. Reinstall Dynare 4.1.2
  3. In Matlab, type cd /Applications/Dynare/4.1.2/src/mex/sources
  4. In Matlab, type build_matlab
    [/ul]
    Is the error still there? If so, do the following:
    [ul]
  5. open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
  6. At the terminal prompt, type: ls /Applications/Dynare/4.1.2/mex/matlabPost the output.
  7. At the terminal prompt, type: gcc-4.0 --versionPost the output.
  8. At the terminal prompt, type cd /Applications/Dynare/4.1.2/src/mex/sources
  9. At the terminal prompt, type gcc-4.0 -c -I. -I/Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/extern/include -I/Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/simulink/include -DMATLAB_MEX_FILE -fno-common -no-cpp-precomp -fexceptions -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DMATLAB_MEX_FILE -DMATLAB_VERSION=0x0707 -DMX_COMPAT_32 -O3 "mjdgges/mjdgges.c" -o ../../../mex/matlab/mjdgges.o Post the output.
    [/ul]

Hi,

I just installed Dynare 4.1.2 from the package downloaded from the website on OS X 10.5.8 and Matlab R2008a. As everything went smoothly, I can only assume that there is some specific problem with the setup on your computer. If you would like to discuss this further, please call me (check your private message inbox for my number).

Best,
Houtan