How to create dynare .mod files?

Hello,

Today I have downloaded and installed version 4.2.4 of Dynare, but I am having some trouble to create new files with the .mod extension. For what I understood, in order to create a new .mod file I just need to open a new m-file but save it with a .mod extension instead of a .m extension. However, Matlab does not offer me the possibility to choose between these two extensions, it only give me the .m possibility. I think that this must be due to some mistake in the installation process. If I run one of the examples available with Dynare, opened in the directory “C:\dynare\4.2.4\examples” in the Current Directory, and typping “dynare example1” in the command window, the program is able to read the file and to run it. However, I don’t know why the program is not abel to create new files with this extension. Can you help me? Thanks in advance for all your attention!

Hey,

you just simply have to do it the following way:

After you write your dynare code as an script in matlab, you want to save it. When you save it, you are ask for to choose the name of your scirpt. There you have simply to typ instead of ‘script.m’ just ‘script.mod’. You have to write the .mod part by hand. You cannot choose it.

Hope this helps you.

Greets,
Daniel

1 Like

It worked!!! Many, many thanks! It was 100% helpful! Sorry about the silly question, but I’m new at this! Thanks!

1 Like

it only give me the .m possibility. I think that this must be due to some mistake in the installation process. If I run one of the examples available with Dynare, opened in the directory “C:\dynare\4.2.4\examples” in the Current Directory, and typping “dynare example1” in the command window, the program is able to read the file and to run it. However, I don’t know why the program is not abel to create new files with this extension. Can you help me? Thanks in advance for all your attention!

You need to provide the .mod ending manually to the editor you are using.