First time invocation

Hello

This is a trivial question, but I’m new to Dynare and I’m just trying to get it started properly for the first time.

Basically, this is the problem I’m getting at the moment, and I can’t figure it out. There’s no subdirectory named mex.

Any ideas what’s going on?

[code]>> addpath /usr/share/dynare/matlab

dynare miu_dynare_3e.mod
Warning: Name is nonexistent or not a directory: /usr/lib/dynare/matlab/…/mex/matlab.
In path at 110
In addpath at 87
In dynare_config at 122
In dynare at 82

Configuring Dynare …
[m] Generalized QZ.
[m] Sylvester equation solution.
[m] Kronecker products.
[m] Sparse kronecker products.
[no] Bytecode evaluation.
[no] k-order perturbation solver.
[no] k-order solution simulation.

??? Error using ==> dynare at 110
DYNARE: can’t open miu_dynare_3e.mod[/code]

There seems to be two problems:

[ul]
] Your MEX files are not installed. It looks like you are using Ubuntu or Debian GNU/Linux. If this is the case, you should install the “dynare-matlab” package. See dynare.org/DynareWiki/Instal … anOrUbuntu for more details/:m]
] Is your MOD file in the current directory from which you are running MATLAB? You may need to use the “cd” command. See dynare.org/documentation-and … uick-start for more details/:m][/ul]

The .mod file is in the correct working directory.

I’m using Ubuntu 10.10 and the dynare-matlab package is installed, so the MEX files ought to be somewhere.

They seem to have been put into /usr/src/dynare-matlab/mex, and not /usr/lib/dynare/matlab/…/mex/matlab.

Can’t I just redirect the command to the /usr/src/dynare-matlab/mex ?

For some reason (maybe permission problems), the MEX files were not copied at the right place (/usr/lib/dynare/mex/matlab). You should probably do that by hand then.