Example fs2000ns problem

The example from chapter 6 of the user guide, fs2000ns.mod, does not work. What changes will make it work?
Here is the error message I get:

“Error using print_info (line 74)
Impossible to find the steady state. Either the model doesn’t have a steady state, there are an
infinity of steady states, or the guess values are too far from the solution”

Please try the updated version at github.com/DynareTeam/dynare/blob/master/tests/fs2000/fs2000a.mod

Thanks Johannes, that works better, but I now get the error message:
"Error using eval
Undefined function or variable ‘P_obs’. "

That does not make sense since the variable P_obs is defined in the Model block, and Dynare does not have a problem with the variable Y_obs.

Where does the problem occur. I cannot replicate the issue in 4.4.3. Please post the full error message.

Error using eval
Undefined function or variable ‘P_obs’.

Error in read_variables (line 74)
dyn_tmp_01 = eval(var_names_01(dyn_i_01,:));

Error in initialize_dataset (line 32)
rawdata = read_variables(datafile,varobs,],xls.sheet,xls.range);

Error in dynare_estimation_init (line 475)
dataset_ =
initialize_dataset(options_.datafile,options_.varobs,options_.first_obs,options_.nobs,transformation,options_.prefilter,xls);

Error in dynare_estimation_1 (line 81)
[dataset_,xparam1, hh, M_, options_, oo_, estim_params_,bayestopt_] =
dynare_estimation_init(var_list_, dname, ], M_, options_, oo_, estim_params_, bayestopt_);

Error in dynare_estimation (line 89)
dynare_estimation_1(var_list,dname);

Error in fs2000ns2 (line 214)
dynare_estimation(var_list_);

Error in dynare (line 180)
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;

You are missing the dataset file fsdat_simul.m. It can be found e.g. here github.com/DynareTeam/dynare/blob/master/tests/fs2000/fsdat_simul.m

Thanks again for the post. I did have the old fsdat_simul.m file, so I replaced it with the new one. That seems to work better, but I still have a few error messages. Here they are. Thanks again for your help.

Error using print_info (line 74)
Impossible to find the steady state. Either the model doesn’t have a steady state, there are an
infinity of steady states, or the guess values are too far from the solution

Error in steady (line 92)
print_info(info,options_.noprint, options_);

Error in fs2000ns (line 202)
steady;

Error in dynare (line 180)
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;

Why are you using the fs2000ns again. The file I linked to has a steady_state_model block so that the error message cannot appear in this case.

Dear professor, Could you send the link of the sf2000 again,I did not found it. Thank you very much.

The current versions are at tests/fs2000 · master · Dynare / dynare · GitLab

wow,thank you very much professor.