Error when running mod file

Dear Dynare Team,

I’m running some simple DSGE examples with Dynare 4.5.7 + Matlab R2018a and I have the following error when running my mod file, just after the calculation of the steady state values:

Invalid MEX-file ‘F:\Dynare\4.5.7\mex\matlab\win64-9.4-9.5\mjdgges.mexw64’: insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
Error in dyn_first_order_solver (line 216)
[err, ss, tt, w, sdim, dr.eigval, info1] = mjdgges(E, D, DynareOptions.qz_criterium, DynareOptions.qz_zero_threshold);

Error in stochastic_solvers (line 267)
[dr,info] = dyn_first_order_solver(jacobia_,M_,dr,options_,task);

Error in resol (line 144)
[dr,info] = stochastic_solvers(dr,check_flag,M,options,oo);

Error in check (line 73)
[dr,info,M,options,oo] = resol(1,M,options,oo);

Error in RBC_Numerical_SS (line 155)
oo_.dr.eigval = check(M_,options_,oo_);

Error in dynare (line 235)
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;

Please, can you help to find any solution? Thanks you very much.

Does this happen regardless of the mod-file?

Hi Professor,

Yes, it happens also when using numerical steady state. However, I switched from Dynare 4.5.7 to 4.5.4 and the same codes run prefectly…

@sebastien Have you ever seen something like this?

No, this is the first time I see this.

The crash occurs when trying to execute the MEX that does the QZ decomposition. It says that resources are exhausted, but without telling which one (memory, disk space, file descriptors…).

Ideally we should try to reproduce it on another machine.

Hi Sebastien, thanks you for your advice. I will try the same code in another machine.

All the best,

Hi Prof. Pfeifer & Sebastien,

Just wanted to let you know, the problem was not Dynare. It was someting with the setting of my McAfee antivirus. It blocked some of the Dynare files.

All best,
M.

Thanks for letting us know!

All the best