Error using print_info The Jacobian contains NaNs because the following parameters are NaN

Dear all,
i’m a rookie in dynare.
I’m trying to solve a NK model with two agents(workers and retirees, but retirees), and assumed that retirees do not maximize consumption intertemporally and simply consume their income each period.

I have a problem when running dynare codes. some questions are as follows:
Warning: Some of the parameters have no value (cw_ss, b_ss, y_ss, w_ss, c_ss, iw_ss, bw_ss, taow_ss,
F1_ss, F2_ss, Y_ss, g_ss, lamda_ss) when using steady. If these parameters are not initialized in a
steadystate file or a steady_state_model-block, Dynare may not be able to solve the model. Note that
simul, perfect_foresight_setup, and perfect_foresight_solver do not automatically call the steady
state file.

Error using print_info
The Jacobian contains NaNs because the following parameters are NaN: cw_ss, b_ss, y_ss, w_ss, c_ss,
iw_ss, bw_ss, taow_ss, F1_ss, F2_ss, Y_ss, g_ss, lamda_ss
Error in check (line 48)
print_info(info, 0, options);
Error in code0925.driver (line 569)
oo_.dr.eigval = check(M_,options_,oo_);
Error in dynare (line 281)
evalin(‘base’,[fname ‘.driver’]);

Anyone can help me with this problem? Thanks a lot!

code0925_2.mod (3.7 KB)

Hi, I guess that this is because you have not defined Kg_ss and use it in the definition of w_ss and y_ss which are then used in the definition of the remaining steady-state variables and causes NaN.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!!
I’ve tried to define Kg_ss, but still have a problem with Y
Here is my new version, and now still 9 parameters have no value.
Can you tell me what should I do ??

code0925_2.mod (5.2 KB)

You have defined Kg_ss at line 51 but you also use it at line 48 to define the steady-state value of y_ss which is obviously a problem and leads to NaN.

Thanks a lot. I think I figured it out!