Error: Too many output arguments

I am using a separate steady state file to compute steady state. But I get this error:

Error using ndiss_steadystate
Too many output arguments.
Error in evaluate_steady_state_file (line 49)
[ys,params1,check] = h_steadystate(ys_init, exo_ss,M,options);
Error in evaluate_steady_state (line 210)
[ys,params,info] = evaluate_steady_state_file(ys_init,exo_ss,M, options,steadystate_check_flag);
Error in model_diagnostics (line 74)
[dr.ys,M.params,check1]=evaluate_steady_state(oo.steady_state,M,options,oo,options.steadystate.nocheck);
Error in ndiss.driver (line 518)
model_diagnostics(M_,options_,oo_);
Error in dynare (line 293)
evalin(‘base’,[fname ‘.driver’]) ;

I tried even reinstalling dynare but doesnt solve it…Someone pls help.ndiss.mod (5.0 KB) ndiss_steadystate.m (2.9 KB)

Try ndiss_steadystate.m (3.1 KB)
However, in the file you are using you did not define all variables when you use them.

Thank you professor. Sorry for the late reply I had to move.

So, you mean every variable used should be defined in the steady state file?
Also, is it necessary to enter the equations in the steady state file in any particular order? Because I get the error
“variable might be used before it is defined”.

Regards,
Deepak

Exactly. The code needs to be sequentially executable without relying on objects whose value has not yet been computed. Otherwise, you are back to a problem of solving simultaneous equations.

But professor, I get only two variables in terms of parameters, rest are all functions of other variables.

That is not a problem if the value of these other variables has been computed before. See e.g. https://github.com/JohannesPfeifer/DSGE_mod/blob/master/RBC_baseline/RBC_baseline.mod