Error in estimation


Hello everyone

I estimate my model, after computing the steady state successfully, then Dynare reports the following error

"Error using print_info (line 84)
Some updated params contain NaN or Inf
Error in print_info (line 84)
error(‘Some updated params contain NaN or Inf’)
Error in initial_estimation_checks (line 69)
print_info(info, DynareOptions.noprint, DynareOptions)
Error in dynare_estimation_1 (line 179)
oo_ = initial_estimation_checks(objective_function,xparam1,dataset_,M_,estim_params_,options_,bayestopt_,oo_);
Error in dynare_estimation (line 89)
Error in ALEstim_pet_modi (line 936)
Error in dynare (line 180)
evalin(‘base’,fname) ;
Error in Main (line 3)
dynare ALEstim_pet_modi "

Can anyone help me to detect this problem? What kind of error is? how to overcome it
my code is here (30.2 KB)

Best wishes


A developmental version returns:

dynare_estimation_init:: Some of the parameters are NaN (cdfbar, csbar, epspolicy, epsz, gammadc, gammadi, gammapi2, gammapi3, gammaq2, gammax, gammay2, gammay3, idfbar, isbar, Pii1, Pii2, Pii3, Piim, Piimc, Piimi, PiiTot, eta12, eta13, eta14, eta3bar, rhotauy, rhotauc, rhog, rhopistar, rhoystar, rhoRstar)

dynare_estimation_init:: Some of the parameters are Inf (gammacmc, gammaimi)

So there is a problem with your steady state file for the prior mean/the starting values


Dear Prof. @jpfeifer

I got it, I fix it and now it works so well

Thank you a lot for detecting the problem in my steady state file

With best wishes