Error in dynare (line 281) evalin('base',[fname '.driver']

Hello Everyone.

I am new to this Forum and i would request for some kind help with regards to my model computation.
I am getting the following warning Message but cannot understand how to solve it.

Unable to resolve the name ex1dsg.driver.

Error in dynare (line 281)
evalin(‘base’,[fname ‘.driver’]);

I am attaching the driver file and the mod file here here

driver.m (11.2 KB)
ex1DSG.mod (2.4 KB)

Regards
DSG

Hi, in initval you use the parameter pygdp which doesent exist. Moreover, you set gdp=-12869472. GDP cannot be negative.

Are you using Matlab or Octave?

Matlab.

This is a strange error message. Are you running the program on cloud drive? Or does the antivirus block accessing the .driver-file?

I am not running in the program on cloud drive. The program is using the hard drive of my desktop.
I checked my anti virus also. It is not blocking it.
I have still modified the file but still the program is nor running.

ex1DSG.mod (2.7 KB)

Can you please provide the full error message. I cannot reproduce your error.

Hello !!!
I have been racking my brains since a long time with the same error message . However still I am unable to solve my model and the same following error message is there. Some help would be highly appreciated because I am running out of options to rectify the error now.

Error in dynare (line 281)
evalin(‘base’,[fname ‘.driver’]);
driver.m (13.2 KB)
example_3_DSGE.mod (3.7 KB)
steadystate.m (1.1 KB)

Or only do that once the file works.

At Cannot run example1.mod in dynare, the example1.mod is one example of examples files of dynare 5.1 - #3 by liangjiadong it was a folder issue.

Hi,
I had the same .driver error code just today and solved it via running Matlab in administrator mode, which was appearently not on by default on my new machine. Maybe it helps you too.

1 Like