Dynare++ version 1.3.1 available

Hi all,

Dynare++ 1.3.1 has been released and is downloadable from the Download area (binaries for Windows, Linux and sources). The Dynare++ tutorial has been also updated.

The main changes are:

1. Corrected a bug in forming a descision rule from the derivatives (thanks to Michel Juillard). The previous version errorously put less weight on deterministic effects on future volatility. Sorry.

2. Dynare++ has now a completely new parser. Now expressions are allowed in parameters and initval sections (the latter allows to specify initial estimated for the steady state in terms of parameters). Introduced error function and complementary error function.

3. Changed non-linear solver for deterministic steady state. I think it is better than previous one but do not expect miracles (they do not happen in mathematics).

4. Corrected a few more minor bugs.

5. Added options controlling simulations of IRFs.

have fun!

Ondra K.

Dear Ondra and Michel,

Many thanks for the new ++! It seems that the brand new dynare++ is only in the snapshot area (without binaries). Could you, please, add binaries to the (general) download area.

Antti

Antti,

sorry, I forgot what “Owner” means. I made myself an owner and that’s why the files were not visible for others. Now it should work.

Ondra K.