Dynare++ - Running Problem

Hi,

I tried to use Dynare++ for 3rd-order approximation. I googled online references, but found that there is few available resources.

I followed the instructions this document, but still have problems. My laptop’s directory for dynare is

C:\dynare\4.6.4

, and I created a subdirectory for Dynare++ such that

C:\dynare\4.6.4\dynare++

Then, I placed the “ll_dynare.mod” under the Dynare++ folder. I tried both ways to run it but neither worked. In MATLAB console, I tried

addpath C:\dynare\4.6.4\matlab
addpath C:\dynare\4.6.4\dynare++

!dynare++ ll_dynare.mod

BUT I got the error “‘dynare++’ is not recognized as an internal or external command”. Next, I tried to run it in cmd window. I typed

C:\dynare\4.6.4\dynare++ ll_dynare.mod

BUT I got the error “‘C:\dynare\4.6.4\dynare++’ is not recognized as an internal or external command”. I would appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice.

Best

You need to have the Current Folder at C:\dynare\4.6.4\dynare++ and then run

!dynare++ ll_dynare.mod

Thank you.

I followed exactly the same way but “command not found: dynare++” is showing. I am using Dynare 5.1 with macOS.

Are you in the right folder?

Yes, my current folder is the same dynare++ folder - (Applications\Dynare\5.1\dynare++)
My mod file is also saved in the same folder.
I appreciate your timely reply!

Do you really need Dynare++? Dynare 5.1 should support pretty much everything Dynare++ is capable of.

I am not getting IRFs in MAT file after running the code file given by Kung (2015). I am just assuming if running the same file in Dynare++ can give the complete results.

Without seeing the files it is impossible to tell.

kung_2015.mod (13.6 KB)
Dear professor, I have uploaded the file. This code is given in the text form on Prof. Kung’s website. I have copied it directly from there and didn’t make any changes myself. I am a beginner at Dynare. I have no idea about the shortcomings, if any, in the code.
It would be of immense help if you care to look at the file and suggest how can I get the IRFs.
I thank you very much for your suggestions.

But that file contains a lot of Dynare commands at the end that Dynare++ will not recognize. A Dynare 5.1 compatible version is:
kung_2015.mod (13.6 KB)

Thank you so much, professor.
It’s working now.