Yes, Completely familiar with it and as I said, I was using it under 4.5.7 and even 4.6.0 but not working on 4.6.1! I should say I didn’t install GCC to use ‘use_dll’ but I think it doesn’t have any issue with that!
I just used a trick! I installed 4.6.1 on my mac pro and 4.6.0 on my macbook pro then copied matlab folder from dynare 4.6.0 and pasted it on 4.6.1. With this I could use parallel with the above configuration (estimated a ramsey policy model). However, there are some problems with it due to different versions!
There is no error, dynare runs the model, gives mode_check plots but when it should start parallel, it does nothing! when running parallel_test, there is also no error. Everything’s fine in earlier versions but not working on 4.6.1! I can run my model by installing earlier versions and even I estimated a ramsey policy model on 4.6.0 using parallel but not on 4.6.1!
Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce your error. Using your config file in ~/.dynare (decreasing CPUnbr because I don’t have that many and changing to R2019b) and running dynare ls2003.mod parallel with Dynare 4.6.1, I am unable to reproduce your error. That said, I am running 10.14.6.
I had used parallel option. Using parallel_test, it is ok.
Testing computer -> localhost <- ...
Check on Local Variable ..... Ok!
Checking Hardware please wait ...
Hardware has 4 Cpu/Cores!
User requires 4 Cpu/Cores!
Check on CPUnbr Variable ..... Ok!
Test for Cluster computation, computer localhost ..... Passed!
AnalyseComputationalEnvironment returned with Error Code: 0
but when I use dynare mymodel parallel, something is wrong
I had a similar issue on our university cluster running centOS. For some reason I needed to include my own public ssh key (which is usually in .ssh/id_rsa.pub to the authorized keys in .ssh/authorized_keys.) No clue why…
I suffered the same issue and could not solve the problem by changing the path of pstool. I tried matlab 2019b and 2020a, b, win10, dynare 4.6.1. But when I used the parallel about 8 months ago, it could run without any issue. I was not sure why this issue happened.
My problems is similar to Wenddy’s. It shows “ec 不是内部或外部命令” and only one MC runs. I find the issue is caused by the chinese-character name of the folder in which my model.mod file is. When I change it into a name in english. The issue is solved.