Dynare++ in windows 7

I’m trying to run dynare++ in windows 7. I use the first example from the dynare++ tutorial as my .mod file. Whenever I invoke dynare++, the command prompt replies “This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.”

What can I do to fix this?

Well that looks like a low-level technical problem. The dynare++ binary has been tested under Window XP, but not Windows 7.

Maybe you could try to run the binary in “Windows XP compatibility mode” (or something like that) ?

Best

Ok this is not a Windows 7 specific issue, but a more general Windows issue.

On my Windows XP, I can run some test MOD files (example1.mod, judd.mod), but others fail with the same error than you (test.mod, test3.mod…).

Under Linux everything works fine.

I am going to debug this

any news on this?

I found the culprit: it is the compiler we used for compiling Dynare++ binary under Windows (the one shipped with Octave 3.2.3).

The solution is to use a recent MinGW compiler, from tdragon.net/recentgcc/ , using SJLJ exceptions handling (not Dwarf-2).

I’ll do that when we release Dynare 4.1.1. I can’t promise you any delay. If you need it urgently, please recompile it by yourself.

Best

great, thanks for looking into that.

For your information, the Windows binary snapshot of Dynare unstable version now contains a recompiled version of Dynare++, starting from 2010-03-11.

See:
dynare.org/download/dynare-u … y-snapshot