Dynare example file

Dear dynare team , dynare example contains the file named NK_baseline.mod and NK_baseline_steadystate.m. But it does’t work, in the .mod file it did’t use the steadystate.m file. Thanks a lot. My best.NK_baseline.mod (9.4 KB)
NK_baseline_steadystate.m (3.8 KB)

Dear jiang,

Can you be more specific about your problem?

When running your mod file, I get this message:

warning: Some of the parameters have no value (gammma1, Rbar, Lambdax, LambdaYd) when using steady. If these parameters are not initialized in a steadystate file or a steady_state_model-block, Dynare may not be able to solve the model...

This is quite self-explanatory. You did not calibrate some parameters. However, this is just a warning, not a fatal error.

On Dynare 4.5, your mod file therefore runs fine.

I also tried on Dynare unstable, and it failed, because several structures under M_ are now cell arrays (instead of character arrays). But I don’t know if this is the problem you encountered.

Best,

1. If you are using the unstable version, you also need to use the example file provided with that version. In that case, the file will run.
  2. The warning message is expected, because those parameters are actually set in the steady state file