Dynare example file

Dear dynare team , dynare example contains the file named NK_baseline.mod and NK_baseline_steadystate.m. But it does’t work, in the .mod file it did’t use the steadystate.m file. Thanks a lot. My best.NK_baseline.mod (9.4 KB)
NK_baseline_steadystate.m (3.8 KB)

Dear jiang,

Can you be more specific about your problem?

When running your mod file, I get this message:

warning: Some of the parameters have no value (gammma1, Rbar, Lambdax, LambdaYd) when using steady. If these parameters are not initialized in a steadystate file or a steady_state_model-block, Dynare may not be able to solve the model...

This is quite self-explanatory. You did not calibrate some parameters. However, this is just a warning, not a fatal error.

On Dynare 4.5, your mod file therefore runs fine.

I also tried on Dynare unstable, and it failed, because several structures under M_ are now cell arrays (instead of character arrays). But I don’t know if this is the problem you encountered.

Best,

1. If you are using the unstable version, you also need to use the example file provided with that version. In that case, the file will run.
  2. The warning message is expected, because those parameters are actually set in the steady state file

Hi Sir Johannes Pfeifer, @jpfeifer
I am new in dynare, I would like to replicate Agenor Optimal fiscal policy model(to be able to solve a similar one for my thesis). Therefore I would like to know how to compute a DSGE with an external steady state file, since Agenor’s model steady state is not handy.
I am running the NK_baseline_steadystate and the NK_baseline from the version 4.5.6 but it did not work. NK_baseline_bug.
Thank you for your time and consideration

AMADOUNG,could you post your code?

Thank you Sir,
I would like first to try the example of DSGE model using an external steady state file, I am trying the NK_baseline.mod in dynare 4.2.6 but it did note work.
here the codesNK_baseline.mod (9.6 KB) NK_baseline_steadystate.m (3.9 KB) .
My plan is to solve the following model model: Agenor_Model.mod (6.3 KB) .

Where did you download that file? It seems you are using the file from the unstable version (Dynare 4.6) with Dynare 4.5.6. That cannot work.

Thank you sir for your feedback.
I download this mod file from your gitub

Where exactly? Please provide the link

Thank you Sir, I downloaded the latest dynare version and use the example on it. thus problem solve.