Change Dynare version in the same session

Hi everyone.

I would like to know if it is possible to change from lets say, Dynare 4.6.4 to 5.3 in the same Matlab session, I once tried cleaning the path but when running a model some “dates” conflict appeared.

Thanks.

Yes, that is feasible, but you need to fully remove all paths set by the previous Dynare version used.

Thnaks professor Pfeifer, I tried this experiment switching those two versions and worked, but I tried from 4.4.3 to 5.3 and the following error appeared:

The class 'dates' is used in its
own class definition as a base
class, property value, or attribute
value.  This is not allowed.

Error in global_initialization (line 95)
oo_.initval_series = dseries();

Error in RBC_news_shock_model.driver (line 24)
global_initialization;

Error in dynare (line 281)
    evalin('base',[fname '.driver']);

Does this mean that there is no other solution besides restarting Matlab when switching from very old versions like 4.4.3 to new ones? I noticed that with that version there were more folders in the path than c:\dynare\4.4.3\matlab and cleared all of them but still came across this problem.

Try using restoredefaultpath.

Thanks for the suggestion professor, unfortunately I get the same error message with the dates class, is there any other workaround rather than restarting Matlab? Thanks!

No, I haven’t seen this issue before and it’s hard to reproduce without access to your machine.