!cannot find steady state!

Impossible to find the steady state (the sum of square residuals of the static equations is 0.0004). Either the model doesn’t have a steady state, there are an infinity of steady states, or the guess values are too far from the solution.

Isn’t the residuals small enough?

I have 30 equations and cannot find the analytical solution, so I use outside m file to solve the s.s. numerically.

fdcmx.mod (6.3 KB)

Please upload your dynare file for more information.

Many equations residuals are not zero in your model.

I’ve uploaded it. Plz help me check for the error, thanks!
I use fmincon to calculate the s.s. Is there any other good method?

You did not upload main file for steady state.
Without this file we can not run the model.

main1.mat (20.4 KB)

Your original steady state file name is main and not main1.

I have run the model , and there is problem in steady state values of the model and unfortunately dynare can not solve the model.

I think that error is due to the main file.

Indeed, your starting values are really poor for some equations. Alternatively, there is a mistake in the equations with the large residuals.

I know that. My equations are difficult to simplify. I wonder is there any other numerical method to solve steady states except fsolve command.

Usually, considerable simplification is the only way to proceed. At a minimum, you should try to reduce your problem of finding the steady state to a couple of equations that you solve numerically. That allows cross-checking at least some of the equations with your analytical steady state computations.