Can someone take a look?

Hello everyone, I continue to have a problem with the steady state, can any of you help me? In particular, the error is the following: line 42, cols 5-83: Symbol Qss cannot take arguments.
Thanks to everyone! :slight_smile:

simulazione.mod (1.9 KB)

Hi alex22,

Since Qss is declared as a parameter in your code, it is not possible to open a parenthesis right after it, as if it were a function. It’s possible that instead you are missing an operator in front of it, e.g a multiplication operator *.

2 Likes

thank you very much, this oversight has been corrected, the code does not appear to have any other syntax errors, but it still doesn’t start. The new error message is this:

Error using print_info (line 32)
The steady state has NaNs or Inf.
Error in steady (line 102)
print_info(info,options_.noprint, options_);
Error in simulazione.driver (line 357)
steady;
Error in dynare (line 281)
evalin(‘base’,[fname ‘.driver’]);

What do you think could be the reason? Thanks so much again!

simulazione.mod (1.9 KB)

I assume it is due to the fact that you have not correctly solved for the steady state of the model in a recursive fashion (I am assuming there is a closed-form expression for all variables exists, I have not checked, you know your model better), as it is visible on lines 41-46.
For example, Qss depends on E, K, and N, but they are defined below. You just need to rework the algebra of the steady state of your model.

1 Like