Building Dynare 4.3.3: which gcc?

Hi,

In the past I managed to build Dynare using the options CC=“gcc-4.4” CXX=“g+±4.4”, as the 4.6 version of gcc that would be used by default would make dynare crash with the error “preprocessor failed”.
Now, trying with Dynare 4.3.3 I get errors in the compilation claiming that libblas could not be found in /usr/bin/ld. I have those libraries though.

What could have gone wrong? Which version of gcc do you reccommend?

I personally use GCC 4.7, but I doubt that GCC version is the root of your problem.

What is your system? (distribution and version)

Can you please provide more info, like the config.log file and a if possible a full build log.

Hi Sébastien,

sorry for the delay in replying to your message.

I’m trying to compile on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32bit.

I have installed a number of things that might have made my system sufficiently different from a standard Ubuntu 12.04.
Despite this I was able to compile Dynare in the past. The configuration output does not seem to complain about missing libraries etc.

Best

Gianni

Then I encourage you to use the Dynare 4.3.3 package that I created for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. See the following page for instructions: dynare.org/DynareWiki/Instal … anOrUbuntu (section 1.2).

Otherwise, if you don’t want to use that package, please provide more debugging info (like the config.log file).

Unfortunately the package didn’t work for me (that’s why I resorted to compilation).

I’ll send you the log file.

Cheers

Gianni