(all) Smoothed variables missing

Hi,

I’ve estimated a rather large model (316 variables). While the mode finding and the MCMC seemed ok, Dynare did not return the SmoothedVariables in oo_.

I’ve run a similar model with the same set of options and I got all the expected output in oo_. The only major difference between the two models is that the one fully working is linear (it is the linearized version of the one that doesn’t return all the output and has a simple rule instead of a full set of FOC of the policymaker).

Does anybody have a clue about when Dynare would not produce SmoothedVariables? (by the way, the model has no unit roots in either case) :confused:

Best regards

Gianni

Hi Gianni,

which version of Dynare are you running?
Did you have a list of variables after the estimation comand ? This is recommanded for large models
If not, how did you answer the question about which endogenous variables to include in the analysis?
If you use mh_replic=0,load_mh_file, is the problem reproducible?

If that the case, please, send me the files.

Best

Michel

Hi Michel,

This is the set of options I used

options_.noprint=1;
options_.steadystate_flag=0;
options_.nograph=1;
options_.initial_estimation_checks=1;
options_.order=1;
options_.nomoments=1;
options_.bayesian_irf=1;
options_.load_mh_file=1;
options_.nocorr=1;
options_.irf=50;
options_.useAIM=0;
options_.prior_trunc=0;

I tried also w/o bayesian_irf and w/o load_mh_file.

I used a list of endogenous variables at the end of the estimation command.

estimation(nobs=103,nograph,datafile=nawmdata_long,presample=19,mode_compute=0,mode_file=nawm_fin_optimal_mode,  mh_replic=0,mh_nblocks=1) Y,C,INVS,X,IM,PII_Y,PII,PII_IM,Employ,PII_W1,Rn,S;

I’m going to sed you the folder with the model via e-mail.

Thanks and regards

Gianni