Help Regarding BETA value

Try

figure
plot(1:length(lb),lb,'Color','red');

Yes sir I did run this code. But this gives graph of the single variable ‘lb’. However I am plotting other variable - ‘no’ and ‘nf’ in the same graph. How should we change colors for each variable and plotting them together.

I used rplot lb no nf - which plot all three graphs in one.
However using plot(1:length(lb),lb,‘Color’,‘red’); does not provide all three graphs at once.

What exactly is it what you are trying to do? Plotting multiple variables in one plot, then use hold on; hold off; in Matlab. If you want plots next to each other use subplot(row, column, number).
I am not sure what you are trying to do. Or do you have two mod files and want to compare it? Then maybe this link helps: https://forum.dynare.org/t/drawing-charts-in-dsge-models/19177/4?u=doublebass

1 Like

Hello Sir, I have combined graphs from the two mod files. I used code rplot lb no nf; to plot the simulation for these variables. Now my approach is to change the color and width of the line graphs for variables ‘lb’ ‘no’ ‘nf’ which I have obtained from these two files.

However if I use the code plot(1:length(lb),lb,‘Color’,‘red’), the result shows only graph for ‘lb’. How should I change the color for these variables keeping them in one graph. Attaching the files for your reference ?
Benchmark.mod (761 Bytes)
OffOn.mod (1.3 KB)

I do not know what rplot is but if you look at the code that I linked in my previous post, you will find - I assume - exactly what you are trying to do. The code does exactly what you want. It runs two mod files and then plots variables. You should try to understand what it precisely does and I am sure you will understand how it works.

Thankyou Sir. The link which you provided seems to be a matlab code. I am currently working on octave. I will certainly try to understand the code and replicate in octave.

Sir I looked at the code you provided, I am sorry but I am unable to work this in octave. rplot helps in plotting the simulated path for one or several variables.

I again request for support to the same question.

I have combined graphs from the two mod files. I used code rplot lb no nf; to plot the simulation for these variables. Now my approach is to change the color and width of the line graphs for variables ‘lb’ ‘no’ ‘nf’ which I have obtained from these two files.

However if I use the code plot(1:length(lb),lb,‘Color’,‘red’), the result shows only graph for ‘lb’. How should I change the color for these variables keeping them in one graph? Attaching the files for your reference.

Benchmark.mod (761 Bytes)
OffOn.mod (1.3 KB)

use

figure

plot(1:length(lb),lb, 'b', 'LineWidth', 2.5)
hold on
plot(1:length(no),no, 'r', 'LineWidth', 2.5)
plot(1:length(nf),nf, 'g', 'LineWidth', 2.5)

Thankyou Sir.

Hello Sir,

Thanks for all the help. One urgent help I need. With the help of the above codes I was able to plot the graph.

I have merged two mod files and plotted the graph with work1.mod has no steady state while work2.mod has steady state.

But when I have work1.mod with steady state and work.mod with steady state. I am unable to plot the graph. There is an error. Please guide. I want to plot the graph from both the files with steady state.

work1.mod (1.1 KB)
work2.mod (1.4 KB)

What are you doing here? Including one mod-file in another one will merge the equations into one big model.